Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from March 22, 2011

MANGO AIRLINES: THE HONORARY AMBASSADOR OF THE IMO FOR 2011

GHANA: CALL FOR GOVERNMENT TO SUPPORT COMMERCIAL FARMERS

Feature Article of Tuesday, 22 March 2011 Columnist: NDC Europe News Calls for Government to support Commercial Agricultural Farmers
The government of Ghana has been called to support the development of commercial farms in the country. Considering the investments that goes into a successful commercial farming venture, leaving it to independent farmers may produce a few successful farmers but not enough to facilitate the development and growth of commercial agriculture in the country.

GUATEMALA EXPORTO 17 MIL TONELADAS DE MANGO EN EL 2010

18/03/11 - 12:16 ECONOMÍAIndustria guatemalteca de mango exportó 17 mil toneladas en 2010De acuerdo con el más reciente informe del Comité de Mango de la Asociación Guatemalteca de Exportadores (Agexport) en 2010 la productores de esta fruta exportaron 17 mil toneladas, de los cuales el 80 por ciento tiene como destino el mercado de Estados Unidos y el restante 20 por ciento se envía hacia Europa.

A LESSON THE MANGO INDUSTRY NEEDS TO LEARN

How Carrots Became the New Junk FoodBY: DOUGLAS MCGRAYMarch 22, 2011
Photograph by Jeff Minton

IMO CELEBRATES MILESTONE AFTER FIRST WEEK OF REVAMPED SITE

A review of our first week blogging, The IMO is pleased to announce that we have had over 500 visitors to our site!

GUATEMALA REPORTS MANGO EXPORT DATA

Guatemala: Mango exports reached 17,000 tons in 2010

"The export varieties are Tommy Atkins y Ataulfo, although there are current plantations of Keitt and Kent varieties but in smaller amounts; also other local varieties are recorded".
According to the latest report of the Mango Committee of the Guatemalan Association of Exporters (Agexport), in 2010 the producers of this fruit exported 17,000 tons, of which 80% was destined for the U.S. market and the remaining 20% was shipped to Europe.